Friday, June 11, 2010

SQL2000

I work for an insurance company in North Texas that is running still running a majority of its SQL serves on SQL2000. We have requested budget for licensing of SQL2008 and have just received our first SQL2008 test server from the network group. It is in a segmented VLAN so only one user at a time will be able to test but it is a start.

I created this blog as a place where issues from SQL2000 to SQL2008 can be recorded and solutions posted. I'm not sure but I would think there are still quite a few SQL2000 installations out there.

As I find items to help out our developers be more effecient, they are a good bunch but very few have any database knowledge. With only 2 dbas at the company and 42 production servers, we serve in a consulting role.

No comments:

Post a Comment